What should I do before my hair color appointment?
Anytime prior to a hair color appointment, please:
- Do NOT use any grocery store shampoos such as Pantene, etc. These products have a wax base to them and prevent the color from properly penetrating the hair.
- Do NOT use any coconut oil, heavy treatments, etc.
- Color applications are most successful when the hair is not super coated. The hair can be a day or two "dirty"; however, when the hair is too dirty, the build up of sweat, oil + products can prevent the hair color from pentrating.
How can I prevent my hair color from fading?
Protecting your hair color investment is just as important to me as is it is to YOU! I want the time you spend with me in the studio to be so beneficial that you're fully on board of what's going to get you to your dream hair.
Professionally treated hair can only be guaranteed when professionally recommended and purchased products are being used properly in between. This only includes products purchased from professional, licensed hair salons. Products purchased from grocery stores, Amazon and other unreliable sources can be old product, bacteria filled and are NOT recommended.
Recently, the salon program has been upgraded to benefit guests purchases. For every dollar you spend on product at the salon, you'll receive points on your account to use towards future product purchases!
Hot water and hot tools can wipe out color (and toner especially) pretty quickly. Turning down the temperature of your water and tools is extremely beneficial for the integrity of the hair and the vibrancy of your color. If you're using a blow dryer, you need to use a thermal protection product in the hair PRIOR to blow drying. In addition, before using a curling iron or flat iron, an additional product needs to be used. Please do not hesitate to ask me for my recommendations!
What should i do after my session?
- If you've received color, do NOT wash for at least 48 hours. This gives the hair strands optimal time to accept the color for maximum benefits.
- Use only your professional products in between visits. If you are starting to run low on your products and are not due to have another session at the salon, reach out to me so we can set up a time for you to come in and shop.
- Pre-book. If you weren't able to pre-book before leaving your session at the studio, please reach out to me via text or e-mai to book your future session. Online booking is also available; however, please do not wait until you're due to reach out.